So I have been eating clean for the last week, and I couldn’t feel better. Not only do I have more energy, I find I am full more than ever and am eating well over my 5 a day. The lady helping me has undergone a massive transformation, which you can read about here, and I can’t wait to see my own results.
This recipe is for chicken and vegetable curry, and it is so jam packed with veggies you do not need to have it with rice, which makes it absolutely squeaky clean.
Recipe serves 2.
2 chicken breasts.
1 red onion.
1 clove or garlic chopped or crushed.
2 peppers, any colour.
1 courgette. Or Zucchini if you think you are posh and call it that.
1 green chilli.
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes.
500ml of vegetable stock.
1 bag of baby spinach.
1 teaspoon of paprika.
1 teaspoon of garam masala.
1 teaspoon of coriander.
1 teaspoon of tumeric.
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Bake the chicken breast in the oven until cooked and then dice. Set them aside to be added to the curry later, as this is a lot more healthy than frying them.
2. Use some low fat oil spray in a large wok or pan. Chop the onions small and crush or chop the garlic and put them in. Fry on a low heat for 10 minutes to soften.
3. Next, add the vegetables which will take a while to cook, the courgette and peppers. Cook on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until everything is soft.
4. Add the can of chopped tomatoes, and then the 500ml of vegetable stock. This is where you will need to turn the heat up to reduce the liquid.
5. Add the spinach. In my experience, a whole bag will fit in if you are patient. This will really soak up the liquid and it is all of the spinach that will make you not miss having rice with the curry.
6. Now you can add all of your spices. You can add all of them at the same time, and stir. The chili also goes in at the last minute as it is for flavour rather than ingredient. Chop the chilis into slices but leave the seeds in for an extra kick.
7. Put the cooked chicken in and simmer for about 20 minutes until the liquid has been reduced considerably.
Love to know your thoughts guys?