*This post contains affiliate links.
Although it can be easy to focus on the negative effects of lockdown, there have been a few positives for me. One of mine has been having more time to cook and experiment with recipes. My latest venture was making sweet and sour chicken balls exactly like you can get from the Chinese takeaway, and if I do say so myself, they are pretty close.
2 x chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp self-raising flour
200g self-raising flour for the batter
200ml of water
1 litre of cooking oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2cm wide strips (a very sharp knife is advisable).
- Coat the chicken strips in salt and pepper to your taste, and then the 1 tbsp of flour.
- Mix the 200g of self-raising flour and the 200ml of water together. Leave the mixture for around 15 minutes for the flour to raise.
- While the batter is given time to breath, pour the oil into a large pan. I personally use a wok, but I use a wok for everything.
- Once the oil is hot, coat each chicken piece in the batter and drop it in the hot oil. The chicken should be cooked in around 8 minutes.
Love to know your thoughts guys?