*This post contains affiliate links
You all know how much I enjoy experimenting with cooking and adding to my blogs recipe section, so when I went out for a Japanese meal the other day at work, I knew I had to try and recreate the vegetable tempura. I paired this with a lime and soy chicken breast and it was a great, inexpensive, tasty meal.
2 x chicken breasts
1 x lime
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 x garlic clove chopped
1 x cup plain flour
1 x cup corn flour
1 x cup water
1 x egg
2 x sweet potatoes chopped into slices
2 x courgette chopped into slices
0.5 litre of cooking oil
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl and add the juice of the lime, the soy sauce and the garlic. Leave this to marinade for a minimum of two hours, and then cook for one hour on 200.
- Slice the sweet potato and courgettes, rinse them (to get rid of excess starch) and leave them to dry while you make the batter.
- Mis the 2 types of flour, cup of water and egg into a bowl.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a wok or a large pan.
- Dip each slice of vegetable into the batter and then put it straight in the hot oil to fry.
If you like my recipes, feel free to buy me a coffee and make my day 🙂
Love to know your thoughts guys?