*This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means if you use them I make a small amount at no cost to you.
You’ll know from my previous posts that since my Crohn’s diagnosis I have been tweaking recipes to be a bit more friendly for those with IBDs, like my dairy-free creamy tomato pasta recipe. Because they are so personal, it differs person to person what you can eat without issue, and a lot of it also depends on what treatment you are on at the time. I did think about changing this one up a bit to make it a little bit more friendly to those that cannot tolerate lactose, but I knew that dairy-free cream just wouldn’t cut it. So approach this easy to make Tuscan chicken recipe with caution!
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 x skinless chicken breasts
500ml chicken stock
300ml double cream
4 teaspoons of tomato puree
1 teaspoon garlic granules
2 teaspoons oregano
100g grated parmesan
Handful of spinach, chopped
- On a medium heat, sear both sides of each chicken breast, and set aside in a casserole dish
- Put the chicken stock, cream and tomato puree in the pan you just used with the chicken juices still in, and stir until all of the ingredients are combined, still on a medium heat (I use a wok for this)
- Add in the grated parmesan and stir into the sauce
- Now add in the garlic granules, oregano and chopped spinach and stir
- Cover the chicken breasts in the sauce in a casserole dish, and cook on 200 degrees for 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through
Feel free to also follow me on Twitter and TikTok
If you like my recipes here is my “buy me a coffee” link: https://www.paypal.me/kellyjackson674?locale.x=en_GB
Love to know your thoughts guys?