Here’s another one that is pretty heavy on the dairy, and doesn’t fit with the usual recipes I adapt for people that suffer with IBD’s like me. Enter with caution if you do, but the main adaption I have made to this recipe is just making it a bit easier. Because why SHOULD the fancy French potatoes be hard to make? It’s a two day effort though, so make sure you have the time.
1 x bag of Maris Piper potatoes (I can only stress it was deemed important in most recipes I took inspiration from were keen you used these. If you do use another potato, I take no blame for the results)
Sprigs of fresh Rosemary to taste (i personally like a lot, but I appreciate not everyone wants to feel like they are eating a garden)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper so that you have excess paper overhanging on all four sides
- Start slicing the potatoes. You need to slice the outside first so that they will be the shape of the tin, and then slice thin slices from each rectangle
- Once you have laid a layer of potatoes down, add some butter and some of the cream on top of the layer, also adding Rosemary. Melting the butter first makes this a touch easier
- Keep completing the same layering until you reach the top of the baking tray
- Fold over the baking paper to cover the potatoes, cover the whole thing with foil. Bake on 180 degrees for 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Remove from the oven, and use a knife to check the potatoes are soft and cooked. Cover back over, put in the fridge with something heavy on top and leave overnight
- The next day, when you are ready to serve, heat some oil on a medium heat in a pan. As you all full well know, I use my wok for EVERYTHING, including this
- Take you huge rectangular potato block out of the fridge, and cut it into smaller rectangle pieces
- Sear each “cut” side of the potato pave in the heated oil, until all of those sides have browned
- Pop them on a baking tray and bake on 180 degrees for 30 mins
Serve straight away. I had mine with my Easy Tuscan Chicken and it was glorious
If you like my recipes here is my “buy me a coffee” link: https://www.paypal.me/kellyjackson674?locale.x=en_GB
Love to know your thoughts guys?