*This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means if you use them I make a small amount at no cost to you.
Many times I’ve cooked mac and cheese for myself and one other person, or three at a stretch. It probably makes me sound quite friendless that I have never mass-cooked it, but there you go. When I was tasked with bringing “some sort of pasta dish” to my friend’s BBQ the other day I decided to use this as an opportunity to create a recipe that would serve a fair few people. The reason I do not add the number of people a dish will serve in my recipes is because this is subjective. You can see how much it makes from the size of the dish, so I guess it just depends on how hungry you are on that particular day.
750g of macaroni
100g of unsalted butter
100g plain flour
810ml single cream
400g grated cheddar
200g bacon lardons
170g hard cheese
- Heat some oil on medium heat in a frying pan and start cooking the lardons
- While they are cooking, put your macaroni on to cook using the instructions on the brand you are using
- Put the unsalted butter in a saucepan and melt on a low heat
- Add the flour and make a roux
- Pour in all of the cream and stir until all of the roux has melted into it
- Now add the grated cheese and stir the sauce until it all melts
- Add the cooked bacon to the cheese sauce
- Put the cooked pasta in an oven dish, and then the sauce on top and mix everything in
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and grated hard cheese
- Sprinkle on top of the pasta and sauce and bake in the oven for ½ an hour
If you like my recipes here is my “buy me a coffee” link: https://www.paypal.me/kellyjackson674?locale.x=en_GB
Love to know your thoughts guys?